Trusted Heating Oil Delivery
and Services Since 1917
Serving Central & Southeastern PA
Rhoads Energy has supplied heating oil to Central and Southeastern PA continuously since 1917. Thousands of customers from Berks, Chester, Lancaster and Lebanon Counties and the surrounding areas turn to us for reliable heating oil delivery and an excellent customer service experience. If you’re not a current Rhoads customer, please read through the Heating Oil FAQ to learn more about how our delivery works.
Heating Oil Delivery FAQ
How do I place my first heating oil order?
The easiest method to sign up as one of our customers is to call our office at 717-397-5277 and speak to one of our representatives. As a first-time customer, we will need to visit your home before your first delivery. A member of our team will go over all our programs in person, complete enrollment forms, answer any questions, inspect your heating oil storage tank* and tag your fill pipe.
When you’re scheduling your appointment, we will need to know:
- Oil tank size: A typical tank size is 275 gallons.
- Tank location: Commonly located in the basement or perimeter of the home.
- Fill pipe location: Can be in front, side, or back of home
- Oil usage: Do you use heating oil for heat only or also hot water?
Once your account has been opened, future delivery requests can easily be made through our MyRhoads portal. You’ll also be able to view your past delivery history, service history, pay invoices, and more.
What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover, personal checks, or can set up convenient auto pay from your bank account.
How and when do I pay?
If paying by credit card, we will place a hold on your card until your tank is filled. Once filled, we will charge your card for the amount. Our delivery driver will leave a delivery ticket inside your front door. The ticket will have an envelope that you can use to send us a check for your order. To receive a prompt-pay discount, your payment must be received within 10 days after delivery; otherwise, payment is due within 30 days.
Is there a minimum delivery amount?
Yes, 150 gallons is the minimum. Most oil tanks have a gauge on top that tells you how much oil is left in the tank. When it says 1/4 or lower, it’s probably time to call us. Or you could sign up for auto-delivery and never worry about running out of oil. You can even order oil through the convenient My Rhoads online portal!
What are the benefits of auto-delivery?
We track current temperatures and your average oil use so we’ll know when you’re likely to need a delivery. Your tank will never run out of oil, and you rarely will need to contact us to re-order. However, you might need to contact us before your next auto-delivery if your heating oil needs change — for example, if you’re no longer using a supplemental heating source, more people are living in your home, or we’re having an extended cold snap.
Delivery Service Area
Rhoads Energy serves customers throughout Central and Southeastern PA – from Lititz to Malvern and Lebanon to Boyertown, and everywhere in between.
Why Choose Rhoads?
At Rhoads Energy, we go the extra mile to ensure that you are completely satisfied with our services.
Before your first oil delivery, we will meet with you to answer any questions you might have, review programs that could benefit you as a heating oil customer, and inspect your heating oil tank. For everyone’s safety, we cannot fill a tank unless it has first passed an inspection.
Rhoads Energy has supplied heating oil to the area continuously since 1917. Here’s why thousands of customers turn to us for oil delivery:
– Technology: Our delivery trucks use laptops and wireless communications to update data instantly ensuring we get orders dispatched more quickly.
– Competitive pricing: Our experienced team works year-round to purchase heating oil at the most favorable prices possible – an approach aimed at keeping your price-per-gallon lower.
– Money-saving programs: You get access to customer-focused programs – price protection plans, budget plans and more – that stretch payments and put a lid on your costs.
– Convenient auto delivery: By tracking current temperatures and the historical usage of every single customer, we can deliver to your home before you run low on oil.
– Get $50 back: Refer a friend who becomes an automatic fill customer, and we’ll credit $50 to your account. Learn more about referring your family and friends.
– Longevity and experience: During our 100+ years of service, Rhoads Energy has learned how customers want to be treated – and how to deliver safely, securely and on time.
– Full service: Rhoads Energy does it all – oil delivery, but also repairs, replacements, upgrades, and maintenance. Have a problem? We’re the only source you need for a solution.
Contact Us To Order Oil or Request Service
Need help paying for your heating bill?
Visit our LIHEAP page to learn more about this Pennsylvania state energy-assistance program.